Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Great Grandma Terry's Funeral

My Grandma Terry died just a few days before Christmas from Alzheimers Disease. They had the viewing down in St. George, and then the funeral up in Draper where she is from. So Michelle and I, and Kesley decided to go up with my parents. I am so glad I went, it was a really good funeral and so good to see alot of the family I haven't seen in years. I wanted to bring Kesley since she is old enough to remember. I thought it would be a good experience for her. All of us kids were there except Dave and Marsha.




Waiting at the cemetary for the dedication of the burial prayer.



She had a pretty casket, and alot of pretty flowers. At the end they told us we could take some roses off to take home with us to remember. Kesley wanted to bring some home for the other kids since they weren't able to come.


This picture turned out kinda light, but it is me and Kes at the cemetary.



My brother in law Paul putting his flower on the casket!





Steve putting his flower on the casket.



After the Funeral and Luncheon we went by the cemetary because my sister Michelle had never seen grandma and grandpa's headstone before. So as we got there the city guy was there and they had already put the casket in the vault and had buried it. But the guy was very nice and got of his tractor and came and talked to us. We were curious of the whole process because we never really see that side of it. So he sat and talked to us for awhile and answered all of our questions that we had, and even took our picture for us.




He moved the headstone so it was more in the middle of my grandma and grandpa. They had my grandma name on it when they made it for when my grandpa died 30 years ago, then when she died they just add the date of her death on it. It was sad to see my grandma go, but to know she is happy now reunited with her husband, her parents, and brothers and sisters. She doesn't have to suffer that terrible disease. It makes you appreciate the gospel and the plan of salvation. We love you Grandma and Grandpa, Together Again Forever!



No comments:

Post a Comment