Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Baby Chicks!

One of the 5th grade teachers at Kesley's school hatches chicks every year and the kids can take them home and keep them(if its alright with the parents). So the kids kept bugging me forever for some. But the didn't want just one but they wanted two. So after Kesley telling me that when they get bigger we can take them to her friend that has a chicken coop. So I gave in and they brought some home from school and kept them in the garage under a light. They had fun playing with them and enjoying them while they were little. We had them for about 3 weeks and gave them to her friend. So I guess my kids got to experience what it was like to have chicks and take care of them. I felt like I was on a farm cause our rabbits just had baby bunnies and we were dog sitting. We had alot of animals, and my kids were busy with animal duty, but they enjoyed it, and teaches them to be responsible!

They picked out a brown/black one and yellow one with a brown stripe down the back cause it looked like a skunk!

Brielle had fun holding the chicks and playing with them.

They had built in the garage a maze for them to walk through made out of blocks of wood. It was just the right size for them where it was like a wall. They put food in spots along the way to help them go through all of it. It was creative of them and kept them busy for along time.

No comments:

Post a Comment