Saturday, June 23, 2012

Memorial Day!

 For Memorial Day I wanted to do something different that we haven't done before. We went with my parents and they showed us where my Great, Great Great, Great Grandpa was buried. I had never seen it before and thought it would be good for the kids to see and know about him. He was a pioneer that came  across the plains and Brigham Young called him to come down and help build/run the cottonmill. So I thought since Memorial Day was on a Monday that we could do that as part of our home evening. We read the history on his life, and what he went through. The kids liked it and were very interested in all of it. It was neat!


He is buried in the St. George Cemetery as one of the first pioneers to be buried there. I was surprised how good his head stone still look for how old it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment